Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Is international the new synonym for growth?

Today I received my free subscription copy of US News. The cover story is titled- "Is the Party Over?" The magazine is making a case that the growth in US stocks is over. At least the two decades of the "boom" phase...While not scientific, and by far not indicative of any sort of trend, looking at the rate of return of my mutual funds, the ones based on international markets outshone the domestic market by over 10% this past year. Further I keep hearing a growing voice to invest in international markets from financial pundits... ironic since the international market used to be considered a greater return at the cost of higher risk. Maybe being a product of the BRIC world myself, I always viewed the international market gave a better growth rate at lower risk. Good to know that the mainstream is slowly buying into that idea too.

No comments: